Title: SQL Database Programmer / Analyst
Job ID: 2684
Hire Type: Permanent
BH Solutions Group has been retained to source and hire a SQL Database Programmer / Analyst to join our client’s Applications Development department in their Akron Ohio headquarters As a member of the team you will support and help enhance the client’s front and Back Office enterprise business applications services. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of related experience and a strong background working with databases in the SQL Server environment and must be adept at developing T-SQL stored procedures, triggers, Indexes and queries. In addition, this candidate must be willing to assist with all enterprise level application/database administration and support. Candidates will also participate in reporting and business analytic development projects while working with cross functional teams, and must have the ability to interact effectively with business end users, grasp both technical and business needs and have strong problem solving skills.
· Database Development creating stored procedures (T-SQL), triggers, indexes, views and queries.
· Assist with Database Administration tasks such as database maintenance, backups, monitoring.
· Design, code, test and trouble shoot business reporting for end-users in Business Objects, Microsoft Reporting services, and other BI tools.
· Assist with QA and Unit testing of solutions.
· Prepare documentation & flow charts of systems, business processes and databases.
· Help Design and develop ETL processes to integrate data among business systems and data warehouse in MS SQL Server environments.
Education / Experience
Education: BA/BS in Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science
· BA/BS in Information Systems, Information Technology or Computer Science
· 1-3 years of related experience
· Must have solid understanding of relational databases
· Must be adept working in SQL Server environments using T-SQL
· Programming in MS.NET using C#, ASP.NET, Web Services, Html, XML, CSS a plus
· Experience in the Fund Raising industry is a plus
· Must have passion for business applications support, report writing and database development
· Must be able to communicate and interact effectively at both technical and business level
· Must be willing to learn new technology and provide support to our IS organization as needed
· Self-starter with strong work ethic
· Strong team player with ability to work effectively in a cross-functional environment
· Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
· Strong organizational, multi-tasking and project management skills
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Strong desire to improve and grow continuously with an Organization
· Must be well organized
· Must be able to problem solve and multi-task.
· Must be able to read and understand specifications and process documentation.
· Must be able to take verbal and written instructions and translate them into written documentation.
Area: Information Technology
Contact: Ben Basnett